Friday, November 24, 2006

EB Games Experience

Cold. Very cold. I arrived at EB Games about 8:00 P.M. with a friend, and we sat there and played a game of Go. I set up a sleeping bag and some blankets (I had four of 'em) and let my friend use two of them. About 10:00, another guy came up with a sleeping bag (which looked really warm) and layed down. We all got to talking, and we all agreed that Nintendo was surely the better company--the Wii's already gotten better reviews than the PS3.

So, around midnight, we started getting quiet, and one by one we started to doze. We couldn't really sleep because of the cold. Cars were going by as well, and every so often someone would stop and ask what we were camping out for. We told them the Wii, and they would sort of go "oh", and drive off. Across the street, there was a huge Best Buy, and they were having some sort of flat-screen TV sale going on, so there was a line that reached all the way around the building. They had tents and everything.

So, about 1:30-2:00, it started to get SERIOUSLY cold. It was the kind of cold that sort of permeated into your bones and wouldn't go away. I couldn't stop shivering, and I had an army jacket, and a goose feather jacket on with a hat. It was SO cold. I then finally fell asleep, but woke up when the garbage truck emptied all the dumpsters in the shopping strip. Lemme tell you, I got mad when I was woken up by that thing.

My dad was sitting in the car pretty much the whole night (such a wonderful dad), and he said that after that, (when I was actually asleep), a parking lot sweeper came by and sort of looked at us weird. I mean, I guess we all did look like a bunch of homeless people.

Then, about 3:00 A.M., another guy came up and sat in line next to me. He was from Kentucky, and had been driving by and saw us waiting for the Wii, and hoped to get one. He was pretty nice, we talked about the different functions of the game system and how cold it was out here. I let him use a blanket, because all he had was a jacket on.

My dad said that while we were all sleeping, we just looked like lumps of mass trying to keep warm, and this car went by and somebody took our picture on his cell phone.

Anyway, about 5:00 A.M., the parking lot started to get very busy, and the front of EB Games got very crowded. I was very glad that I got there early. So, finally, the employee walked up, and we had to move, considering we had parked ourselves right in front of the door. He told us the shipment of Wii's had not come in, but we were able to give him our names on a list, and he would call us in order. I was there first, so I got my name on the list first, and he should be getting in Wii's either tomorrow or Monday.

All in all, though, it was an experience. I went home and went straight to sleep and woke up about 2:00. It was deliciously warm.

1 comment:

Navi03 said...

Wow, you certainly went the full distance for that Wii. I did a lot of phoning, then spent one chilly morning (from about four or five, till the store opening at about ten) to get mine. Heh, my friends (and parents) thought I was crazy for doing that much, but you can take so much more pride in having your Wii when you actually did the freezing-work of waiting to get one! I was second at that store, by the way :D Good job at being first at yours!! lol, it's so much fun doing crazy things like that...